PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet MPL, CX Cadet or Self Funded?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2022, 02:57
ay380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ClassicRupert thank you for your detailed response. a lot of my concerns about the easyjet MPL stems from things I've read here of PPRuNe so thank you for clarifying. Can I ask whether you're working for easyjet or you just know a lot of easyjet cadets/pilots?

I've also considered the cost of the MPL vs fATPL + type rating and I also agree that the MPL will be much more cost efficient with the added benefit of a possible job at the end of it but posts on PPRuNe and the 'usefulness' of the MPL made me concerned and thus led to the creation of this thread. You mention doing the training abroad but I believe you can't obtain a UK CAA licence if training is conducted outside of the UK?

I wasn't aware that the MPL was only a 14 month course, that is definitely an advantage. And I agree that a contingency plan is needed but what would these be when you're holding a MPL with less than 1500 hours? I know that you can convert it to a traditional CPL/fATPL via additional training and hour building but is that the only option? I've read that previous MPLs that were affected by Stirling's closure were hired by another airline but I think this is quite rare.

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that to build 1500 hours at easyjet will only take 2-3 years in normal flying conditions. How long would it take in the current post-COVID market?

Thanks!