PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet MPL, CX Cadet or Self Funded?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2022, 02:28
ay380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theholdingpoint yes, sorry I left that out. But that is why I'm unsure of which path to take as I will be paying for training anyway, should I be getting a more traditional licence with no job opportunity or risk holding a 'useless' licence if the job opportunity doesn't materialise?
Just to add, CX is fully funded initially but you have to pay back 50% of the training costs through a salary reduction upon joining as SO as far as I'm aware.

V_2 I'll need to decide which path to go first before getting a medical as some options, like CX, the medical is part of the interview process

rudestuff yes, I have rights to both UK and HK. As a short haul FO I would be getting "P2" hours which are widely recognised but as a SO in CX I will be getting"P2X" hours which are not recognised by any other employer so I'll be stuck at CX until they decide to upgrade me to FO to start building useful hours. The current upgrade time is around 7 years according to another section of the forum which is why I'm hesitant as I'll be nearly 40 when I'm finally at the controls of an aircraft

VariablePitchP rudestuff the integrated programmes I'm looking at allows me to get both UK CAA and EASA licences and as I'll be moving abroad if I go down this route, the option of having accommodation included makes the whole process a lot easier. I haven't found any modular school that provides the same, if you or anyone could recommend schools that would be greatly appreciated

VariablePitchP Chinasation and the current state of CX is definitely not ideal, however, if it gets me a job flying then I'd be ok to stay here as after all this is home. But having the opportunity to work in the UK and gain hands on flying experience and not taking it to instead work as a SO for 7 years not doing anything seems like it won't do my flying career any good

Thanks, everyone!