PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2022, 01:29
finestkind

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Zacertsy2005
Hey everyone,
I'm currently in the pipeline for a RAAF OA role and am starting flying lessons very soon to get some hours in, and I am implementing the great advice I'm finding as I go through this thread. I am currently waiting on my assessment day due to being in year 11 still and AD results only lasting 12 months I've been advised by DFR to wait until early next year to have my assessment day before progressing on to ASP, OSB. I acknowledge this is going to be a long process but I am really looking forward to the challenge as this is something I have wanted to do since I was young, can't wait to read through all the information here over the coming months and continue to come back to this thread as my application progresses.

Hopefully, I will make it for the 2024 ADFA intake!

-Zac
Sounds good Zac.
Word of advice. Make certain you adhere to a/your timeline so that you do not end up missing out. YR 12 will be busy enough and more so if you add in your ASP and OSB. The new system (if it has not already been stuffed up) has a bit more flexibility to it. I would certainly make sure you have all your RC stuff done by the end of the year which should allow you to be available for testing etc. Do not forget if there is a hiccup in the RC line i.e a medical issue which you may wish to dispute, that this will take time. Once again you will have enough to do next year without having something like that on your plate.

Good luck.