PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside-2
Thread: Teesside-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2022, 23:09
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As per my earlier post, then in noting the requirement for the development of ancillary services for MME site then the "Willis" connection is an interesting one.
My initial observation is that this is basically a 100% based multi $million operation where much of it's revenue arises from aircraft leasing & related services.
It's operations, financial strength are set out in very comprehensive format in their annual accounts filed in the U.S. They are easily accessible from internet, though to facilitate I have attached a link :-
https://www.willislease.com/pdf/annu...ort%202021.pdf
IMHO Willis are attracted to MME purely on the condition of "significant" financial support in the form of grants that would be available to any credible organisation submitting an application for grant funding based on the creation of 200+ jobs.
To carry out such a project in the UK then a new company has recently been incorporated "Willis Aviation Services Limited" run by directors of Willis Lease Finance company (above).
As to how much that these guys are proposing to invest into the project is unclear, though no doubt this particular issue will be window dressed by "Uncle Ben" in his crusade to move his MME development project forward.
The concept appears very attractive and relevant, it remains to be seen as to how viable it is & where the support for the future maintenance & operation of the airfield itself is to come from.