PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pondering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2022, 17:38
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I have pondered about my employment by BA for quite some time. The way the company is treating it's pilots is a major, but not the only, factor in my decision to now leave - I have submitted my resignation.

I am tired of metaphorically being trampled on. I am also fed up with the chaotic, feels-like-it-is-balanced-on-a-knife-edge operation where the 'supporting operational services' don't seem to do their damn jobs. The result is that this pilot has become weary of fielding the ever-increasing errors being thrown into the operational mix - it is an overload of Swiss cheese slices aligning themselves, and I don't want to be around for the accident.

Sadly, I also feel the BA Company Council (BALPA) have been ineffective in dealing with the big-ticket items, like the pay deduction chaos. I gain no pleasure from stating that, it just is what it is.

I am in the Defined Contribution pension scheme BARP/BAPP, so exiting into the lousy economic forecast is going to be damn tough. I will likely never work in professional aviation again, due age, but I am firm in my position that I no longer wish to be treated by BA as something that shoes are wiped on.

So, I depart shortly! Good luck to my fellow pilots, you are going to need it.