PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pondering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2022, 16:43
speed freek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thetimesreader84
Many on P32L have lost seniority, some significantly, as CRS pilots were pushed / parachuted onto the airbus fleet (I've not yet met one of them who wanted to be on SH). We've seen what career progression we might have expected (LH, Left Seat Airbus) pushed further away by those same ex CRS pilots who are (and I'm happy to be corrected) unfrozen for any other fleet they wish to move to in the next PRIAM bid. And we have a union that has (in practice, even if not intentionally) abandoned junior pilots as collateral damage).
This for me is the one of the biggest reasons why there is unhappiness and discontent on the line, we’re still picking on each other instead of supporting each other. Had the union truly abandoned junior pilots, then those same CRS pilots would have never been in the CRS and instead taken the place of the junior pilots as the lower ranks were made redundant - LIFO.

I would advise you timesreader to take the time to speak to the CRS pilots who have come back and ask them about their experiences. Many are divorced, most are scarred, some financially broken. If they are unfrozen it is because the company and the union are finally adhering to our agreements. Something to be applauded. If they move to LH or left seat SH, it is in line with seniority. Again something to be applauded after the massive upset of the last couple of years.

Your frustrations are better aimed at the company than your colleagues who are rightfully returning to the job they should never have lost.

I too have been asking myself similar questions as the OP. The best advice I’ve been given is “we’re still recovering from the pandemic. Sit on your hands and see what it looks like next year. There will always be new opportunities and other jobs.”, and that is what I intend to do. I hope it helps the OP.