PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2022, 10:57
Matoki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We must be one of the worst airports for lack of information as to who flies where and when. We have had Ryan Air, Easy Jet, TUI ,Wizz and Cessna maintenance, all been and gone. We have cargo flights , a ground school for both fixed wing and helicopters. You drive past on the motorway and there is no mention of us having this brand new facility (still work in progress) I have never been on a flight from here that has not been nearly full. Virgin at the beginning wanted it as their main base with dedicated trains but were supposedly turned down, a railway station at the airport (2hrs from London). When the weather is bad at LBA planes are diverted to Manchester, we close even though the runway is open . There are a lot of unanswered questions as to why what should not be a very successful airport that should close because Wizz has moved three planes, but Jordan Air PIA has just started 2 flights a week. My experience has taught me that where one treads others will follow., if PIA flies in who may follow. I think Peel will have a lot to answer for. I live in Doncaster and we don't want any more warehouses or prisons we want to keep our award winning airport.