PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pondering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2022, 09:59
hunterboy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SunSmith……if I may offer an insight? I think to survive in BA it is necessary to grow a “shell”. We all go through your doubts. As someone that started off in BA in the regions, and then transferred to Gatwick onto another small fleet, it came as a big shock to go to big,bad LHR after several years. It was like joining a different airline. All of your previous comments and observations were the same 30 years ago. I think many BA pilots (and cabin crew) go through these doubts as many lose their passion for the job. However, once you take a look around (depending on personal circumstances) , and work out that, actually, the grass may not be greener, and that life generally improves as you progress in BA, people tend to stay, trapped by the (tarnished) golden handcuffs.
As previous posters mentioned, applying for part time , developing hobbies/interests outside of work, even getting married/starting a family mean that one’s focus is away from work and the awful CRC. The vast majority of people I work with at BA are great people trying to do their best under trying circumstances. I know certain work groups can be a bit awkward, however, I don’t think anybody blames them for walking off the job the moment their shift ends, even if mid way through a job.
‘There is a reason BA pilots say “Happiness is V1 at LHR” 😊