PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pondering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2022, 09:56
Jwscud

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
We’ll find out when Jet2 start making Airbus offers. For airline jobs, BA is still in my view as good as it gets. If you are after a more friendly and personal environment, historically Gatwick was a wonderful base to be at and a well kept secret, though very much depends on you living within 45 minutes or so of the airport. However, since the fire and rehire of all Gatwick based pilots (even those not made redundant are on worse T&Cs should they wish to move back to the base close to where they live) confidence in fair treatment is nonexistent and for anyone with >8 years in is financially penalising.

I agree with the suggestions of finding outside activities - I have several things outside the family keeping me busy and I turn up, fly and have fun with colleagues then disappear home and try to forget about it. I’m aware I’m on PPRuNe talking about it but the best thing I did was to get my wife to change my BALPA forum password to stop any temptation of going on there. Trying to keep away from the politics makes a big different, even if they are ultimately inescapable when looking at the payslip every month.