PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gold Coast International Airport CTAF
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2022, 04:15
43Inches

Received 419 Likes on 231 Posts
Well it's either leave the country or drip feed some uncaring insurance company for the rest of your life. I assume you are not Skase or Bond who have vast offshore assets that can support that life overseas either. Or you can declare bankruptcy and lose everything you own anyway and not be able to get a loan or own/run a business for several years. Some chose to leave to avoid facing the courts over it, it has happened to a couple of pilots I know that have been involved in accidents, some quite notable.

With regard to the War Liability, that is the only part that I find is an issue, however it does cover if your craft is seized illegally and used to damage somebody elses property for some cause, which is not really a concern in Australia. It is what it is, but I agree is going to be hard to justify, until it happens. Legalities of who is paying for damages when something is stolen or seized to be used is complicated, especially when lots of money is involved, those who lost money, want it back, those that did it are dead, leaving the owner of the utensils involved.

Last edited by 43Inches; 17th Jul 2022 at 04:31.