PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pondering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2022, 13:54
1201alarm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack the rabbit
A great suggestion as yourself and a couple of other people suggested.. I actually did take PT at beginning of covid as found FT pre covid pretty dire (5/6 trips a month). Added issue is now with the pay cuts and being placed into SH costs a fortune commuting (I live a good few hours away) and eats a large fraction of extra time off PT generated. PT def was on my list to mitigate it all at least to buy some time and head space. I’ve developed a keen interest and have taken up something outside of flying I would love to do on the side.
I think it is a good point what another contributor was mentioning. Part time in the highest tax bracket does not lower your NET salary as much as you reduce your work percentage.

Part time also saves on commuting, or does BA have a lot of day trips on SH? When would you be able to go back longhaul?

Is there anything you could do in your free time that you enjoy, can be done around or even from home or while commuting (remote work), and pays money? And are you commuting from abroad (you mention a good few hours of commute) so double taxation could work in your favor if having a second income in another country?

Anyways, all the best.