PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2022
Thread: NPAS News 2022
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2022, 11:21
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
FNW, the reference to Wiki was only so I did not have to give chapter and verse on the broader history of the company.

I note your comment on the rental value of NPAS and 2Excel but a letter has emerged on Twitter from the Mayor of South Yorkshire to the local MP that suggests that others are involved. Apparently Peel are trying to get a £20M loan off the local authority. Discussions were paused while Peel opened their books..... (pregnant pause?)

It seems that there are other loans out there £3.5M by the MCA in 2018/19 and another £5.02M in March 2020. These amounts are in addition to the local investment in infrastructure the Gateway East Site and the Great Yorkshire Way. I assume the 'MCA' is Coast Guard money and, if my assumption is correct, very much in addition to the 2Excel rent and a real time MCA investment in the services provided by 2Excel. It seems that 'government' is actively pouring loads of money into the airport in loans and builds.

****** Although the letter on-line at Twitter clearly states "MCA" reading through the Twitter account of Oliver Coppard the Mayor of South Yorkshire also later states "... loan would have been on top of the £8 million already loaned to them by South Yorkshire." I now think that by MCA he may mean something akin to Metropolitan County Authority as the numbers are the same. The fact that there are other MCA's on the airfield was just a diversion.

I am not greatly into airlines but I read the loss of Wizz as not a major change. Wizz announced they were setting up a base at DSA in 2020. It appeared to be a statement that Wizz were 'basing an A320 there' so if, two years later, they are no longer having that one aircraft base it is not as if there is a massive change in fortunes - indeed was it ever instigated?

Lots of land has already been turned over to house building and there appears to be more areas where that might continue. Hence my query about tactics.

Last edited by PANews; 17th Jul 2022 at 11:30. Reason: Edit on the meaning of MCA