PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help Finding someone connected to Tex Johnson
Old 16th Jul 2022, 01:19
m303803

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Finding someone connected to Tex Johnson

An email below was sent to Qantas corporate. They suggested I try this forum to see if anyone may be able to make a connection. Please see below:

Greetings,
I have perhaps a unique request. I purchased a used copy of a book "Tex Johnson: Jet Age Test Pilot" at a local museum. To my delight, I found it was autographed by the author, Tex Johnson. It read "To David - a friend from Qantas down under, best wishes Tex Johnson 8-18-91". I am sure after all this time finding the right David from Qantas would be a challenge, but I feel almost duty bound to try and see if I can pin point this David person from your company and get this piece of history to his family. I imagine David has past away or is at least quite advanced in age. I was thinking his family might like a momento like this coming from such an aviation pioneer.

Having worked at Pratt & Whitney for over 20 years I know how meaningful these types of things are to family.

Warm Regards from Suffield Connecticut, USA.

Last edited by Senior Pilot; 16th Jul 2022 at 02:12. Reason: Qantas; not Quantas 🤔