PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2022, 13:05
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bbtengineer
I feel a little bit of over sensitivity here.

There really is no learning curve for cabin crew.

Asking chicken or beef really is just asking chicken or beef.

Sure there are safety aspects but absolutely
none of them have ever actual conducted a real evac - see safety record.

So what we’re left with is who is more likely to to be efficient and friendly and the honest answer is somebody who has had less time to become bored and frustrated with a hard, repetitive and poorly paid job.

That is actually more likely to be a 38 year old than a 58 year old, because cabin crew are real people too.

Disclosure: on the old end of that scale myself.
This post in itself shows a degree of ignorance or lack of knowledge of the role of cabin crew. The safety aspect of the role does not end at the safety demonstration even if it rarely ends at an evacuation. There are safety related roles in between the two that are completed on a daily basis, namely safety equipment and security related checks which I won’t elaborate on.

On top of that, you have medical incidents on a semi regular basis for which crew are trained for. I don’t subscribe to the notion that being cabin crew is akin to rocket science but it’s more than the general public realise.

I do also think the notion that cabin crew are poorly paid is somewhat overplayed. I’m senior and take home around 2.5k after tax but my junior colleagues (outside their first year which admittedly isn’t great) take home around 2k.