PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 15th Jul 2022, 03:33
Servo

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
I appreciate everyone's circumstances are unique, but wanted to get some thoughts. I expect the answers will differ remarkably.

I am mid 40's, kids have moved out. Still have a mortgage and still married. Been with current company 15 years. Same aircraft type the whole time.

Thinking that with the current situation in USA (I am non resident), it will never be a better chance to fly something bigger, new airspace, procedures and see the world.

Obviously pay will be markedly different to what I am earning as a narrow body captain. Just not feeling the vibe with pax based flying in Australia any more or having junior crew bypass for positions or types in the past.

Was thinking Atlas or National. Crazy or throw caution to the wind and see where it takes me for the rest of my available age "restricted" career?

Seeing a few colleagues taking the opportunity, only very recently with no actual rosters or flying commenced yet, whilst they do their induction and training.

My mind and eagerness for something different says YES, but recent posts here say NO.

Thoughts and criticism welcomed.

Cheers