PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pondering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2022, 20:40
Jwscud

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
It’s a hard topic. COVID and connected measures have left a huge amount of bitterness. I am personally aware of high single figures short haul P1s applying to Jet2. Should EZY start looking for DECs at LGW I suspect that will increase markedly. The fact that pre COVID Heathrow Airbus commands hit 3800 on the MSL and Airbus P1s were bidding P2 LH was a red flag regarding QOL.

The big problem is after a few years, you’re committed to the seniority system and have invested in the future - it’s a very hard conversation with the family to walk away after putting up with juniority with the promised land in sight. I personally think it’s still worth sticking it out as the ultimate reward of a P1 long haul seat is still better than on offer anywhere else if that’s the destination you want. If you want to drive to work in under an hour from a decent sized house and be home every night, another airline might be for you.

For me the big problem is there are much more interesting jobs out there but none are well enough remunerated once you have the golden handcuffs on.