PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GMAIL not going to my BT address
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2022, 13:31
netstruggler

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Headstone
I can send from my BT email to GMAIL. However when someone who has a gmail address sends an email to me it doesn't appear in either my inbox nor my spam folder. I've no idea where it has gone. According to the BT Q and A page I can add *@gmail as a safe sender but I believe that is only if they are going into my spam folder.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
H
I'd strongly suspect those emails are triggering a spam block. The algorithms are complicated to say the least, and continually being adapted. It's certainly possible that they're being very selective about what gets stopped. Not necessarily for an obvious reason. Is there anything at all unusual about the email?

If you haven't already I'd log into the BT server and see if there are any alarms or alerts there under email management, and I'd ask the gmail sender if they were notified that their message wasn't delivered and if there was a reason given?

Otherwise, if you were one of several recipients and other people did receive it, can you get a copy of the delivered message from one of others? There may be a clue in the header about what your email provider choked on.

Failing that you could phone BT and see if they can see what happened. Make sure you have as much information as you can about when the email was sent to you and who from.