PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XH558 hangar plans scrapped
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2022, 10:29
NutLoose

Received 2,940 Likes on 1,252 Posts
I suppose if the airfield is sold for housing and I presume gravel extraction from under the runways and aprons, the best they could hope for is being housed in one of the what will become empty hangars as the live aviation parts moves out.

Or failing that, being given a patch of land to fence off and set up a small museum for the Vulcan and Canberra, as I said in the past, once its flying days came to an end it just became another dead Vulcan mouldering away on the edge of an airfield, why move it? there are still plenty about, some live, that do runs.

It should never have gone there, I did say Brunty, but with hindsight that would have been its death knell, Elvington would have been ideal, or at least an Airfield close to a large conurbation to feed the visitor numbers.

Its a shame they couldn't repurpose the terminal if it closes, take out a glass wall and put the Vulcan and Canberra into the terminal building concourse if they'd fit, use that as the STEM centre they planned with the bonus of shopping etc to draw the punters in..

Last edited by NutLoose; 14th Jul 2022 at 10:41.