PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 13th Jul 2022, 14:49
DropYourSocks

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ExtraShot
I explained pretty clearly why that’s not a choice for many of them. Have you seen what a skippers pilot earns!? Atlas and Spirit etc should Just ignore what could be hundreds of potential applicants, whatever.

Full disclosure, I’m not interested, but I’d love to see them strip the local operators bare. Particularly the Qantas affiliated ones.

also, If anyone thinks the Network contract is better than that Atlas contract I just read through, well, I guess you’ll be a key target to be a long term Network pilot then.
So here's the thing though, you don't need to go to these roadshows to get the job. You apply, email a recruiter, and interview over Skype. Job done.

I'm happy these roadshows are happening, and for those that go I suspect they're doing interviews and offering CJOs on the spot, but that's not like it really precludes anyone else from getting a CJO the normal way. At these roadshows, you will also get the company sales pitch, and as someone above said, it's not all roses. But it is a damn sight better than local contracts.

Right now in the US, it has never been easier to get whatever job it is you're pursuing. There's none of the rigmarole of home. And when your seniority comes up for a command, it's yours. There's no "command assessments", or someone junior to you brown nosing their way up ahead of you. There's no being stuck on one type while junior folks go to another type. You can go from FO on one type to Captain on another type, with no moon landings necessary.