PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French Lighthouse Ops incident, 6 July 2022
Old 13th Jul 2022, 13:07
Rotorbee

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Crab, I am glad you are back to your old self. After the post were you gave in I almost wanted to write: Who are you and what have you done with the real crab. Thank god the world is normal again.
Anyway, have any of your talcum powder fans ever changed diapers on a real baby? That stuff does not act as a smoke cloud and you would need kilos of the stuff and something that blows it around to create some sort of cloud (think powder fire extinguisher). Believe me, I have tried to make clouds out of any powder available (my mother wasn't amused) through all my childhood. It never looked really like a cloud.
The nitrogen isn't an option to blow the talcum like in the video, because it flows INTO the floats. Outside it wouldn't help a lot.
Please watch the following video. It's of a A119 and you will see there is nowhere enough "smoke". And with the wind blowing and the airflow over it, the powder just blows away and disappears in no time, as you can see in the lighthouse video when the floats finally pop. Well you can't see anything and that's the whole point. BTW, the A119 floats pop way faster than the H125 one's.