PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus Within 6ft of the Ground nearly 1 mile Short of Runway
Old 13th Jul 2022, 10:50
Youmightsaythat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My facts? Do you really want to go down the rabbit hole of French Investigations?

Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
You mean your FACTS ? Not the ones established by my colleagues after months of invstigation and intervewings the pilots and the controllers involved ? It feel a bit like arguing with a pro Trump replubican Senator.
Well I suppose when your argument begins to look a little frayed its time to resort to insults.
Still not convinced about the issue?

​​​​​​​Literally a few months after the Concorde crash I was behind an Italian aircraft at the holding point. A KLM aircraft had just landed. He reported that he had blown a tyre, in English. Immediately after acknowledging this the controller cleared the Alitalia to line up and take off.

​​​​​​​The Italian pilot immediately refused this clearance and informed ATC they would remain at the holding point. ATC queried the reason. The Alitalia commented replied that the KLM had reported a blown tyre and there was likely debris on the runway. Now, can you imagine if that had been a French aircraft that had shead a tyre. If you still can't see there is a problem then there is not much more I can say.