PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow-4
Thread: Glasgow-4
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2022, 07:36
mwm991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
The 500 bus has become a shocking example of price gouging, agreed. The check in area is actually iconic to me, as it has the original Basil Spence terminal above, I always loved that. Reminds me of younger days!
The rebalancing of landside vs airside made the upper level above check in redundant. It was a Harry Ramsden's once, bustling with people BUT they wanted people airside and having accomplised that, much of landside has become redundant.

There's no ROI for a rail link now, pretty much zero. They may well come to terms with Ryanair, they may well have to. Am I wrong to be relaxed about managed decline? I can't see a way back when EDI dominates so in the medium term. There is so much overlap in catchment areas and routes.
The whole area west of the city north of the M8 needs rail because of the congestion. You've got a so-called super hospital with horrendous public access and I believe Renfrew is the largest town in Scotland without a rail link, so I think it could be viable if it incorporates other things, but despite the posturing about the environment there's no sign of anything happening.