PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus Within 6ft of the Ground nearly 1 mile Short of Runway
Old 12th Jul 2022, 15:36
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BTW GetJet had some funny evolutions at MAD with a 737 as well.

fdr not sure what you mean. I was somewhat shocked the reaction at DDA=MDH+50 did not arrive. Unlike many other strange manoeuvres where I think - okay, they should know but no one really trains to proficiency on that - a simple absence of vis ref at decision was, I assumed, a wholly resolved issue since over two decades ago.

I can't fix or avoid the ATC mistakes on the next sector, but I better be sure to act faster on the throttles than 9 seconds.

observation 2, they call-sign was Red Nose xx11. Can't train the brainfarts out of humans, there goes the ATC's "1011" and a bit of understanding of the crew of not picking that up immediately.

Strangely they re-set it, whereas the Airbus has the means to pre-select QNH in 3 separate boxes before descent. A more conventional failure mode would be not to notice the instructed value was any different from the briefed one, so to speak make a second error which would negate the first one.