PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview- What to wear
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2022, 10:08
Cessna 180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
The best pilots I ever interviewed and hired, both small prop operators, and the big French stuff, did not wear a tie or jacket. Shirt, pants, slacks, however still looked executive like. You can look just as professional without a tie/jacket, if you know how to dress. Most don’t know how to dress.

I cannot stress the importance re shoes. Buy a new pair and only wear to interviews. You can polish and clean a used pair xx many times, generally a new pair is the first thing that stood out. I can see filth and uneven shoes without even looking at them.
Agreed clean/shiny boots are important, however someone who had made the effort to polish an old pair of boots would stand out to me more than someone who just took the easy option and bought a new pair on the way. But yes. Your shoes MUST be clean and a bit shiny.

Anyway, like everything, personality and genuineness stand out more than clothes. Be confidant and down to earth. Be someone that to whomever you are speaking, is going to want to hang out with on a daily basis.

Neat tidy and ironed. Look like you care about yourself and your appearance. Whether that be neat shorts/slacks/jeans and a good shirt in the tropics, or a suit and tie if going for a corporate job in a wanky city.

Also if it is 40 degrees and midday in the build up, wearing a cap or hat would show me that you actually have common sense and are prepared for what is essentially an outdoor job in the heat.