PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Aviation Revolving Door
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2022, 06:58
MajorLemond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by walesregent
We’ll see. NAA isn’t in the same boat as NJS. The operation can’t seamlessly be taken up by a different AOC and pay and conditions may in fact be worse than the award (if we elect to revert to that the company might find crewing all the early mornings and ‘all dayers’ a bit challenging).

There’s obviously a lot of blood in the water, and the spin machine is running out of alternative facts (I’ve never seen the media turn on qantas like this before) so individuals might collectively come to the realisation better pay and conditions are obtainable. I could be wrong, and the NAA pilot group could fudge it up completely, but I hope they realise that these are not the same set of negotiating conditions from even two months ago. Fingers crossed that the engineers really shank them and restore confidence amongst other employee groups to go up against the cancer that is current qantas management.
You make some solid points, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of hope due to the fact that group management will go to the ends of the earth rather than offer a better deal to anyone. They will not set a precedent and make other groups think they can get a better deal.

I'd say JQ are in the best position to put their feet down because it's an operation that makes a huge amount of money for the group and there is nowhere to farm the flying out to. What will help is the fact they are worked to the absolute bone (and have been for many years) and this should produce a solid amount of unity amongst our pilot brethren, so the gloves are going to come off (on both sides) in an industrial dispute.

It will get very interesting for sure.