PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2022, 22:02
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nimrodjoe
where have you got this rubbish from ? Absolutely clueless particularly the bit about property and requirement to rent . Wow

never mind the furlough scheme put in place to retain jobs whilst Dubai sacked everybody.

Good luck 👍
Where have I got this from? Erm when I signed on to universal credit. You fill in a section that says savings etc. I spent hours on phone calls and because we had a little nest egg it meant we were entitled to nothing. The guy on the phone told me it’s better if you get rid of your savings. Ok so my mortgage is £1500 a month, Childcare £2500 a month, utilities £150 a month, food £600 a month. These are the bare basics of our out going’s and we live in a flat. Who’s going to pay that? Mate I have been through the system. There were caveats to the furlough scheme. It wasn’t you retain your full salary but a set amount that for high earners was pretty useless unless your employer was willing to top up your pay. Banks still want paying. You can’t just say to a bank can I not pay my mortgage. They don’t care. You should see the financial stats coming out of the UK right now. Many on the breadline, taken out huge mortgages at 80-90 LTV etc. It’s horrible and only going to get worse

Sorry forgot council tax which is £2500 a year.

This is before you start adding on cars, TV packages, clothes for kids etc and god forbid going out. My cousin came back from Australia first time since 2018 and she’s shocked but how bad it is here now.

Last edited by AIMINGHIGH123; 11th Jul 2022 at 22:14.