PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing could cancel the 737 MAX 10
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2022, 15:27
WideScreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Australopithecus
My point about the Hudson was the slide rafts, which the 737 ain’t got. What it does have are ceiling stowed heavy mofo rafts which the crew have to manually launch and faf around before evac starts. I time the drills we do in the cabin mock-ups. It takes too long. And it’s a stupid nod to the Constellation era.
My issue with the Hudson landing with a B737, is the fuselage breaks up in 3 parts, making it an imploded submarine, immediately going to the bottom, with people trapped inside. Not to speak about all those seated around the break-up areas, who get wounded/immobilized. As we've seen with several A32x water landings, the fuselage doesn't break up and stays afloat. It's all "legal" with the B737, though, would not withstand current certification criteria. Think about driving a Beetle, a nice car, 50 years ago, but no longer acceptable for its task, nowadays. It's just an outright dangerous car, with the petrol tank in the crumble zone.

The dinghies: Each time I see the hatches, I get the impression, the whole comes down with a landing where the fuselage breaks up, hurting the people in those areas.