PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASA wants Class E to 6500 on East Coast
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2022, 08:02
tossbag

Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts
I think from your statements you don't operate to many of the busy CTAFs at all.

No I don't, but if you're talking about Ballina, I believe it should be a Class D tower with Class C airspace.

Especially where the larger flying schools are operating from, then you would understand what its like to negotiate your position in traffic.

If you are talking about Ballina, C over D.

If you are in CTA (class E), you would then have to negotiate clearance to achieve your negotiated path with the VFR.

You should see the work of art that happens when a Controller vectors an IFR aircraft around the VFR and the IFR aircraft doesn't whinge because they remember when they were 'that' VFR. And the Controller is not subject to ridiculous liability laws.

And class E wont do squat, because generally when there's too many VFRs ATS gives up and just says "multiple VFR paints in the area (good luck you're on your own!)" and won't provide any more details as it would congest the frequency to pass on all of them. And I've been given that phrase quite a few times on descent into a busy field.
Class E is not meant for gin clear days, it is not meant to cover airspace that should be Class C over D. It is meant to separate one in, one out of aerodromes that cannot afford or justify a towered aerodrome. It is meant to support ODP's etc. E is not meant to cancel or be a cheap replacement for C.