PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 11th Jul 2022, 00:46
Lead Balloon

Received 445 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by glenb
Lead Balloon,
I didnt mean to avoid your question regarding who paid salaries, and will address it here more clearly to ensure i get the best feedback.

The MFT Base, the Senior Base Pilot was paid directly by me.
The AVIA base, a 10 year employee of mine took up that position with his salary paid for by the Owner of that business..
The White Star Base, an EX CASA Flight Operations Inspector was the Senior Base Pilot. He was the designer of our Flight School Management and Learning Management System. Salary paid by his business.
The Vortex Base, a 5 year employee of mine took up that position with his salary paid by the Owner of that Business.
The TVSA base, a 10 year employee of mine took up that position, with her salary paid by the Owner of that business.
LTF Base the SBP was a past student of our school, with salary paid by that business.
The Ballarat Aero Club had ceased operations as it did not have the required Key Personnel. As it was an aero club rather than a more commercial venture, I paid the salary for the Base Pilot.
The Latrobe Valley Aero Club was treated as per the Ballarat Aero Club.
Simjet being the 737 Sim Centre in Brisbane, the Senior Base Pilot was an ex-Airforce/Airline Pilot with a background in training. Salary paid by that business. Noting that being a Sim only facility it needed a Quality assurance Manager rather than a SBP. There is no SBP in the legislation, that was an internally specified position in our Ops manual/Exposition to increase supervision levels. The Legislated position at this facility was a Quality Assurance Manager

What was known as the CFI or Head of Operations was a roaming position. There were two CASA approved HOOs (CFI), with a third that had completed her twelve month induction and was ready for the CASA interview. This administrative task was placed on hold by CASA throughout the 8 months as part of the "administrative freeze" CASA placed on all operations i.e. no regulatory tasks were processed, this included approving personnel, simulators, and new courses. All legislated Key Personnel 2x Group HOO, 2 X Group CEO, and 2 X Group Safety Manager were paid by me.

I hope that clears it up. Cheers. Glen
Thanks Glen

So am I correct in saying that none of the Senior Base Pilots or instructors at any of the 'Bases' were APTA employees when they were working in that capacity at the 'Bases', except for the Senior Base Pilot at the MFT Base (and the Ballarat Base when it was operating)? (I'm not sure what 'treated as per the Ballarat Aero Club' means with respect to LTV - does that mean the Senior Base Pilot at LTV was an APTA employee until LTV stopped operating?)