PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 11th Jul 2022, 00:16
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
Its all about intent.

As I alluded to in an earlier post, its all about intent. At work on occasions I get abused in one day, more than most people would get in a lifetime. Often those comments are threatening and personal, and on occasion very "close to home."

Its water off a ducks back because i think about the intent. The comment is usually motivated by something totally unrelated. Drilling down to the root cause and addressing it is what makes the job so challenging, and satisfying.

This matter is really all about "intent". What was trying to be achieved and by whom. There is no doubt that Mr. Aleck decided prior to October 2018 that he was closing down my operation, hence the formal allegations of misfeasance in public office that i have raised with the previous Deputy PM, The CASA Board, as well as before the Senate.

I somewhat agree with Lead Balloons point. It was in fact quite easy to fix, and should not have remained unresolved after a staggering 8 months, with those trading restrictions in place. Quite simply, Mr Aleck knew that the restrictions on trade were damaging the Business. That was made very clear on multiple occasions in writing, with the first being sent within 24 hours of CASAs notification that i was suddenly operating unlawfully.

Please be assured that the early efforts resisting the closure of the business were very strong. I believe my first post was approximately 6 months after this entire matter started. It was only CASA realized they were on shaky ground about it being unalwful that the topic changed to contracts as being a possible "lifeline". for the business.

I have a recording from my Accountants Office assuring me that after more than 6 months if I put the suggested CASA wording into the Contracts that CASA only provided 24 hours earlier that the restrictions would be lifted.

CASA had those contracts within 48 hours. CASA advised that they were acceptable and we could return to business as usual. Hours later they reversed that opinion, stuck by the original determination, and forced all customers to leave including my own flying school of more than a decade.

I desperately wanted to resolve it. By now I had lost my home, and my parents who were funding staff salaries had put in $300,000. They also had run out of money. I would have had this entire matter finalized within 24 hours if that is what Mr Aleck wanted. I, like many others who have had their lives impacted by this man, were a victim of a reverse engineered process, by which Mr. Aleck achieves his desired outcome. I have been contacted by many of those victims..

I have two documents underway at the moment. The complaint regarding the false and misleading information provided to the Ombudsman's Office. That will be submitted on Monday.

Shortly after will be an allegation of misfeasnace depending on the response to my complaint. The recipients of that are yet to be confirmed. I have put a fair bit of work into that already so hope to have that the week after. I think that will bring some further clarity to this matter

Once those two documents are complete, I intend to correspond with every Government politician, and most particularly to our new Labor Member, Ms Carina Garland.

As the Owner of the Business and the person most impacted, please be assured that Mr aleck was never going to let this matter be resolved. Never

Cheers. Glen