PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2022, 20:00
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JW95
Interesting RE. arrivals building - I remember reading somewhere that MAG were in the process of making some design changes to the building, but unsure if these are major or minor?

That's also very interesting that MAG are considering a second terminal for STN- but would this seriously be needed, given that the existing terminal will eventually be dedicated to departing passengers only, once the arrivals terminal is completed? Unless they scrap plans for the arrivals building and proceed with a second terminal?

As for the satellites- talk of a fourth satellite has been on the cards for many years, well before MAG took over from BAA, but it has never come to fruition. If and when it were to be built, where would it go, in relation to satellites 1-3, and also, what do people think we could expect in terms of design and layout of gate areas etc? Would it be something like satellites 1/2 with jet bridges, or more like satellite 3? I think before MAG do decide to build a fourth satellite, shouldn't they work on getting satellites 2 and 3 up-to-date? Both are looking very worn and tired, especially satellite 2.
I think that the location for a fourth satellite is rather obvious isn't it 🤔

If and when it is built I have no doubt that it will be a replica of satellite 3 with Ryanair being the beneficiary.

But I totally agree with you regarding the refurbishment of satellites 1 and 2. Some nice brand new glazed air-bridges would also look good. Hopefully once the busy summer season comes to an end the airport can continue with the expansion of the shoreline check-in.