PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help UAL Capt Al Haynes Save his Daughter
Old 3rd Jan 2004, 07:43
Blue & White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of you are correct. I bet if Al was sick, he wouldn't ask for a dime. However, from what I gather, the daughter is the last of his family - wife and son dead.
So what would I do if my son or daughter were dying and I had a last ditch chance to save their life. I'd say, hand me the cup and show me the corner.
Maybe, the money could have been managed a little better. However, we don't know all the details. Maybe the wife and son illnesses took his last savings. Who really cares. Bottom line, he doesn't have the money to pay for his daughter's medical bills. What should he do - throw his hands in the air and buy a burial plot.
No, he's doing exactly what you and I would do given the same circumstances. If you don't want to give..........fine. But don't judge the man for loving his daughter. If anyone has a better idea, I'm sure Al would listen.
Just pray and thank your lucky stars your family is healthy and you don't have to ask for money. I'm sure Al would gladly trade places with you. However, after meeting him, he probably wouldn't ............. he's that type of person.