PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French Lighthouse Ops incident, 6 July 2022
Old 10th Jul 2022, 17:01
Nubian

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
There is no room for the nitrogen bottles on the skids so they have to be somewhere in the fuselage with the lines running down the skids to the bags.

It is definitely not an uncontrolled cyclic input - it is a reaction to being pulled by a load which is still attached.

I've flown pushovers in the 350 and it definitely does not do that white smoke thing.
And I know where they are located….just as a hint.

I have done a bit of rollercoasting in the 350 as well without smoke, so don’t feel bad….

The abruptness of of the manoeuvre I think is they key. I said it could look like an uncontrolled input, not necessarily that it is so. Having had the pleasure of having my electric longline release failed on me after setting down load number ### being in a good flow on short rotations with ca 1 ton of bags of gravel, and pulling collective on instinct as I could “see” the straps fall of the remote hook, I can tell you how a snagged longline feels. I did not produce any smoke, nor was the machine reaching any over limit parameters, I didn’t pop the floats, didn’t end up almost hitting the ground, but we confirmed that the shoulder harness worked as advertised, so did the belly release and we had a brake to chat with the technicians on how to proceed.

Edit
Missed your reference to the Wikipedia of accident reporting. I read a lot of those listings, but as whoever can contribute their more or less accurate information, I take the info with a slight pinch of salt. In this case, a rather large one…..reading the rest on ASN. This info might come from this very thread in the first place, like the media has been collecting “facts” before…

Last edited by Nubian; 10th Jul 2022 at 19:02.