PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing could cancel the 737 MAX 10
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2022, 10:28
LandIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boeing could cancel the 737 MAX 10

There would be a lot of people who would say to Boeing and the regulators, why isn't this latest aircraft built to the latest standards? What is all this about "grandfathering rights"?

In light of Boeing admitting its a big expensive job to put the latest certification requirements into the "-10" then my view is then there must be something inherently wrong with using the old designs to try and market a new airliner using them. The "-10" will be heavier, larger, longer range and carry more passengers. Surely this deserves the best technology that can reasonably be provided?

I understand the desire to keep product compatibility in the MAX range for pilot flexibility, however its clear Boeing didn't have the foresight to design the MAX fully with that in mind. In fact as we all know it was apparently designed specifically with Southwest in mind for no or minimum extra pilot training over the "-700 and -800". Are Boeing willing to rule out there will ever be a "-11" or an "XLR" or more variants? No, I didn't think so. In that case the old 737 issues incorporated into the MAX-10 and subsequent would go forward for many decades if we let Boeing get away with continuing the grandfathering. What an abomination Mr Calhoun. Then please do not build the "-10", for the sake of all our lives, great grandfathers, grandfathers, fathers, sons and babies to come. Pilots included - I'm sure they would enjoy the very latest glass cockpit too.

If its too hard for Boeing to meet the current regulations with the "-10", then just lets indeed scrap it move on to the next generation aircraft as rapidly as possible please.

https://worldofaviation.com/2022/07/...d-be-scrapped/

Last edited by LandIT; 24th Jul 2022 at 11:22. Reason: spelling