PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 7th Jul 2022, 22:51
Hudson5

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Staffypilot
I received an email from Pinstripes about ATLAS doing the roadshow today. They must be jumping on the opportunity to cash in on the U.S interviews, which I find completely unnecessary, as there is plenty of free information online and on pprune. The U.S airline style interviews are very relaxed, they keep it real and are more of a conversation then anything. They will cater the interview around your experience and training and they will send you the study material before the interview anyway. The HR person will inform you of what the interview will entail. The technical portion is not tricky all- Make sure you know the aircraft that you are currently flying. Obviously do some research on U.S, TAF's, alternate minimums, reg's and the company before hand as they will appreciate that. They don't try to trick you out of the job. They wont dig deep to try and make you feel like a criminal. You will feel supported, comfortable and satisfied -Unlike biased Aussie interviews here where you feel like you are being prosecuted on the cross bench.
I recall doing a Dash 8 Cobham interview and I was asked a dozen tech questions.
One of the questions involved going through all the gradients in different configurations (3.2%, 2.4% etc) and when I paused on an answer the interviewer went silent on me as though he had caught me out!!

Was like I was interviewing for a shuttle mission to the moon lol
Not once was I asked what I enjoyed doing etc