PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 7th Jul 2022, 11:55
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
Lead balloon

I know you are a supporter, and appreciate the sentiment and intent of your comments.

Every instructor at every base had to go through an online process of checks and balances before any flight could depart, and it was all done in real time including face to face briefings with each base on daily basis.

At any stage, any pilot could be immediately locked out of the system and unable to dispatch. They could be very clearly grounded on the spot. If the instructor chose to bypass the system and deliver training independently, he/she would be leaving themself exposed.

Most AOCs have people from different entities operating under their AOC.

Whilst i see your point, i cant see how there would be any difference between my arrangement and any other flying school putting a stop to an instructor.

As you will appreciate the example of the instructor continuing to deliver flying training when advised that he cannot would be highly unlikely, and not easy for anyone to stop without resorting to physical intervention.

Whilst the extreme examples to often demonstarte a point, I would be keen on any other scenarios that you can put forward.

I suggest that if anyone apart from the CASA Key personnel tried to stop someone flying under the AOC, they would be on shaky ground and subject to recourse i.e. a member of the aero club committee most likely isnt in a position to ground someone. The Key personnel are.