PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Wish I Hadn't Said That ...
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2022, 22:52
stickstirrer

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Milked….

In the aircrew crewroom at CFS in 1986. A CFS Flight Lieutenant instructor pilot (John) on the flight who refreshed senior officers going back to flying posts had been airborne in the weather ship. Early takeoff to see what the cloud structure was like to let us send up the right instructional sorties. He bounced into crewroom with Gp Capt student who had gone up just for an extra ride. The crewroom was full of instructors and expectant students waiting to know if we were going flying…As John went behind the kitchen bar to make a brew he asked ‘Coffee mate?” There was a slight pause as the Group Captain gathered himself, rose to his not inconsiderable height and said” I know we practise a more relaxed attitude here but don’t call me ‘mate’!”…..
There was an embarrassed silence for a second until John replied” No I’m sorry sir, the milk hasn’t been delivered yet, is Coffee Mate ok?”( Milk substitute used in coffee)
The colour of the GP Captain’s cheeks and the uncontrolled guffaws from the assembled troops were a sight to behold .