PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V2
Thread: Flybe-V2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2022, 14:58
ATNotts

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts

Flybe are trying to operate a route network with too few airframes, which has already resulted in sub chartering to enable them to operate an acceptable level of service on the routes they are running now. Looking at Jethros Fleet List which I appreciate is not "official, but normally pretty accurate, Flybe ought to be taking delivery of three additional Dash 8s, none of which appear to be arriving any time soon at BHX. All the routes that "SeanM" has highlighted are yet to start, so it looks very much as though they have information internally as to the likely timescales for the eventual delivery of these three, and subsequent units and decided that, financially and from a customer service standpoint, delaying the start of these routes is infinitely preferable to throwing money into chartering yet more aircraft in, which is surely not budgeted for.

If this scenario was correct then its hardly a good omen, but better than killing the business with either extra costs, or tarnishing (some might say further tarnishing) the airline's reputation.

I am sure all will become clear in the new few days, possibly weeks.
I wrote this 10 days ago.

After a torrent of posts since it appears to sum up exactly the position, and is a sound, if difficult and embarrassing business decision to have been made.

One assumes they have commitments from the lessors that by the end of July they will have enough equipment to be able to operate the slimmed down programme without the current subchartered equipment.