PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Bull B0-105
Thread: Red Bull B0-105
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2022, 10:57
JohnDixson

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
No, SAS, that was not me in that movie. Crew was Kurt Cannon Project Pilot on the 67 and Byron Graham, Ch. Engr. Pilot ( who had done the CH-53 loops/rolls movie with then Major Bob Guay, USMC ).
I was inducted into the 67 program just before the demo trip around the US in 1971 as the Project Pilot was unable to travel. Stayed with it after that and did the Europe/Iran demo trip in 1972, both with Byron. Byron was a gem. No matter who was on the schedule to receive a ride, he would fly a tank of fuel with whoever was scheduled, then I’d get the next tankful of front seaters. Got to fly some very interesting people: perhaps General Adolf Galland being the most noteworthy. He was amazing: showed him how to do a split s and a roll and then he did both and the aircraft didn’t know the difference. The picture of the S-67 flying on a sunny day with the Cologne Cathedral below in the background was with General Galland flying it from the front seat. Everyone got the same routine incl those maneuvers and a 3-4 second zero G parabolic push ( well, you know who the competition was at the time ).

The following users liked this post: