PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DOHA ATCO 2022
Thread: DOHA ATCO 2022
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2022, 00:42
ATC alert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many Accurate Thoughts

As the person who originated the thread I want to acknowledge many good, ACCURATE, and valids points by ATCPino and Oakley.

Yes controllers will head there again, money and employment have that effect.

Personal opinions when accompanied with a high degree of accuracy is what this platform is all about. So asking to remove opinions really isn't practical. I started this thread with historical accuracy as well as experience as they relate to Doha and the QCAA. Again I encourage searches of Doha threads over the past 10-15 years.

What is also so absolutely accurate is Doha has always had a poster child or two whom is grateful the QCAA gave them a chance and opportunity at employment as they were not employable at most other ANS providers. It seems Bitter n Twisted has picked up where Curtis and a couple of others left off after years of defending the QCAA. You won't find them so proud of Doha any longer and Twisted will find themselves in the same position at some point.

This new recruiter is very disorganized and unprofessional. In the first couple of weeks they replaced their administrator of the Doha project with another incompetent lead (many of us know him from other locations). While I agree Fusion is in a no-win situation dealing with a couple of complete morons in Doha Fusion needs to assert themselves or walk away. While Serco has some faults they would never continue a recruitment agreement with a non-professional organization like Doha hence their departure from Doha in 2014.

Facts for "Twisted post"
5 ATCO's attended the assessment, all 5 passed. Confirmed by Fusion. Then Doha morons got involved and said they only wanted 2 of 5 ATCO's that passed and also disqualified a few other qualified, experienced ATCO's slated for next rounds of assessments. Now they are forced to offer ATCO's who have no Approach experience assessment rides, ATCO's with little high density experience.. They are calling around to foreign agencies asking about any controllers recently retired, close to retiring etc.. YES they are desperate, their actions continue to reinforce this.

Yes Doha has the potential to be great. I too have worked here and I had hoped the new contact would prove to be encouraging that Doha had indeed changed. I really wanted to believe I might join an improved and wonderful place. We have all made great friends at ME locations and Doha was no exception but nearly all of us are always pushed away for a number of reasons no matter how much we appreciate the friendships.

Oakley's comments that highlight the important aspect of flight safety is spot on mate. While opinions and personal experiences are enlightening the most serious consequence of this condition in Doha is being led or influenced by some unqualified morons which has always kept Doha dangerously close to a tragic consequence. The replacement of Curtis by a fella (ATCO) from Portugal and another sidekick who have absolutely zero ability to do the job and even less ability to determine whom are the better ATCO solutions for new hires at Doha.

If the QCAA wants to be a responsible provider of Air Navigation Services it should remove itself and its minions and underlings from all hiring and employment at Doha. Let an experienced and reputable (not Fusion) organization come in and staff this operation and run it like a professional provider should. In other words Doha and QCAA get out of the ANS business.