PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2022, 08:13
Pali

Received 226 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Obba
I don't know....
This clip posted on the Schiller Institute YT platform.
From what he says, he has 'street creds' and if all true, is a very brave pilot.

In his statements, I can see some truths in his assessment. However, I wonder if his thinking is based on 'old times'. As in todays economic sanctions that are now far more integrated with computers/stock markets etc.
Are his views on artillery quantity amounts that the Russians have (we know this to be true), but can maybe be 'faired up' with the latest GPS missiles that are now in Ukrainian hands,,

Ukraine Has Lost the War: But Thermonuclear War Still Threatens - YouTube
If this speech would be written in Kremlin it wouldn't sound much different and we will see much more such PR stunts from the moment Russia will take Donbas within administrative borders plus land bridge to Crimea south of Dnipro river. Russia will start heavy diplomatic and propaganda offensive to stop the war and pressure Kyiv into accepting the status quo created by military operation to that moment. (However you need two partners for a tango...)

Regarding statements of this helicopter pilot: First of all the Ruble is not freely traded currency and it is manipulated by Russian Central Bank, partly for PR purposes. Also the Russian economy is struggling heavily. If you want to have real insight into suffering of Russian industries google professor Natalya Zubarevich (I understand Russian very well and I've listened to various lectures from her in original but hopefully you can find something with English subtitles) but she listed heavy consequences almost on any area, it is very similar to how western built airplanes will be gradually grounded and cannibalised which is unavoidable fate of Russian civil aviation.

Good example of her prediction regarding Russian economy is here (try automated subtitles):

There is a great effort by European countries to get rid of dependance on Russian fossil fuels (e.g. my country went from 100% to 35% dependency on Russian gas since the beginning of war). We can and must strangulate Russian fuel export, it is a necessary step.

When we watch how many ammunition storage points went ablaze since only few HIMARS units came to Ukraine we should understand why now nervous Russia will try to end the war at this very moment and why we will see more such videos with attempts to call Ukraine to submission.