PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 3rd Jul 2022, 00:52
rodney rude

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
No jealousy at all Morno, you're clealry a smart guy so I'm surprised you'd make a broadbrush generalisation.. There is a huge amount of talk about air operators in Australia who are offering rubbish conditions that Aussies are offended by. We all talk about the race to the bottom. Would you say to foreign pilots coming here to join airlines that bypass locals or offer conditions we locals know are rubbish "Come and have fun boys and girls, and don't listen to anyone tryin g to put you down for helping the race to the bottom, they're just jealous." If you would say that, I offer you my thanks for accelerating the race to the bottom. We can't have it both ways.

I admittedly don't have much knowledge of the pilot market and why there are E3s being thrown around like smarties. But Bafanguy, I'm only responding regarding the letter written by Spirit pilots essentially not happy with wage suppression caused by E3s. I would take it that means Aussies are doing exactly what we hate happening here. If its a genuine pilot shortage and even good conditions are being ineffective as a recruiting tool, then get on the fastest boat. But when a group of pilots says the conditions are low and not enough Americans will accept them, then that is a very different story - expats are helping that airline with the race down.