PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 2nd Jul 2022, 15:28
umop apisdn

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rodney rude
So Spirit is concerned that overseas pilots (Australians) are suppressing conditions in the US. But still we all go. But don't dare see Rex or Air North or any Aus company do that. How dare they, what is the government thinking. Hypocrites.
We are going pretty hard for raised rates, so the union had to do something when they announced the roadshow. Honestly I genuinely hope that all the Aussies go to the wholly owned AA regionals where they can make some proper money, but make no mistake, getting 60 - 80 Australians into your airline really doesn't do much when 100s are leaving per month and the net pilot gain is still negative.

As far as accepting an offer with Spirit goes, it would be a tough ride trying to work in an environment like that.
It really wouldn't. Everyone here is chill. You'll be hard pressed to find any Australian pilot that has been badgered by a local at any airline for coming over and 'suppressing wages,' because they know it's not true. They are too busy working their ass off and seeing hundreds of flights cancel every month while their management does nothing of value to curb attrition. There is no "dey took ur jerbs" vibe over here because literally ANYONE can get a job anywhere they want at the moment.

We are being labelled scabs.
We are absolutely not. You need to be really careful with using the S word when you don't know what it means, as does anyone else that utters it on social media or in actual media. Anyone that says it wrapped in an opinion has no idea what they are talking about. "Seems pretty scabby to me" "In my book that's scab behaviour" etc etc... It's like watching seagulls with a friend who suddenly thinks that they seem more like antelope and tries to convince you of such. You'd think your friend had a few screws loose. There is absolutely no grey area on the definition of scab.

I must be missing something here. Spirit is concerned that E3s are suppressing conditions so they're sending their recruiters to Australia on a headhunting expedition ?
Spirit the company is not the Spirit union, that's where all this is coming from,