PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DOHA ATCO 2022
Thread: DOHA ATCO 2022
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2022, 10:41
Oakley 22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well chaps and chappettes,
Interesting reading and a few interesting facts…….but isn’t there always 2 sides to every story??
I wouldn’t normally take an interest in politics and gossip, and I’d also like to point out I have NEVER posted on here before! however as this seems to have gotten personal and unprofessional I feel I should interject .

FACT…….I have worked in Doha, with some genuinely nice , capable people both local and expat , it was and I’m sure still is an exciting and challenging place to work.

FACT……like everywhere it’s not perfect, but had and still does have the potential to be great , if personal opinions, gossip and unfounded speculation were put aside for the sake of protecting people and the countries reputation…….and a robust recruitment strategy…..based on FACT….put in place…..are you qualified, YES have you passed the assessment, YES , can you do the job YES ……..it’s highly unprofessional for someone to suggest that a person is unemployable due to hearsay, gossip and conjecture……there will ALWAYS be differences of opinion within organisations and individuals.
Unlike the present , where false promises, inaccurate timeframes, and most astonishing of all ……(although Fusion and ENAV have been subcontracted to recruit) and by the posters own admission , ‘ people are NOT recruited on ability first’ the ultimate decision still seems to rest with 1 or 2 individuals , with little or NO radar experience, who have been entrusted to deem suitability on behalf of the QCAA……based on hearsay, gossip and unfounded conjecture…..rather than safety ,ability and FACT!

FACT……it is tipped to be the one of the busiest airports in the world for the the World Cup period, with traffic projections like nothing seen before……quote from a representative at the selection process
“ the current staffing situation is at crisis point….we need YOU yesterday…..without you and others like you the system and colleagues are F****D …..and it’s not IF….but WHEN safety will be compromised!! “. ..unfortunately the recruiting process to date seems to be fundamentally flawed, putting not only work colleagues at great risk but also the reputation and public face of QATAR…….the eyes of the world WILL be on you!

Maybe I’m wrong, but surely the common sense and SAFE approach would be to put aside personal opinions/ differences ……and trust the FACTS
1… Are you Qualified…..YES
2….Have you passed the assessment. YES
3….Can you do the job. YES

Get these people in on a temporary contract……call it a probation/ suitability period….and make up your own opinions based on personal experience NOT gossip or hearsay!
After all……this is NO Joke…..it’s not a game! It’s the personal welfare of the current staff, the safety of the operation and THE REPUTATION of QATAR that are at stake…..

So put any personal opinions , gossip and hearsay…..back in the box for a while, do the decent , right and safe thing for QATAR and your colleagues and recruit on FACTS !

THE EYES of THE WORLD WILL be watching!!