PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 2nd Jul 2022, 10:09
bafanguy

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by rodney rude
So Spirit is concerned that overseas pilots (Australians) are suppressing conditions in the US. But still we all go.
I must be missing something here. Spirit is concerned that E3s are suppressing conditions so they're sending their recruiters to Australia on a headhunting expedition ?

If Aussies are suppressing conditions by accepting the 1st year pay at regionals or LCCs, then so are the Americans who also accept the same terms of employment at the same carriers. And at a unionized carrier, pilots don't get to vote on anything in their first year. Starting in the second year, they get to vote for/against any negotiated contract just like US citizens. I doubt the Aussie factor, in isolation, would be large enough to swing the vote one way or the other.

Now in the Part 91, 135 world where people essentially negotiate individual Ts & Cs with an employer, perhaps that suppression argument could be made...PERHAPS. I just don't know for sure.

[ In case people haven't noticed, [b]EVERY PILOT GROUP complains about their negotiated pay, work rules and the process that achieved them...Delta, United, FedEx, American...and every regional that has ever existed. Yet they still exist and have even before they had E3s.]

Last edited by bafanguy; 2nd Jul 2022 at 10:39.