PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2022, 09:49
SWBKCB

Received 95 Likes on 65 Posts
Interview with the new MD
Mr Woodroofe says he has already met with the UK managing director of handling agents Swissport and ABM, with special assistance firm PRM and with the boss of DHL.

“I’ve picked these people on purpose,” he said. “Because what I want to open is a dialogue that says we’re having these conversations about where we are at because in that way we can help each other to be more successful. I don’t want to be having issues with passengers waiting a long time for bags to be returned.

“Across the board, at Heathrow, Gatwick and Manchester, the experience in 2022 is not going to be as good as it was in 2019. What I’d like to get across is that summer 2022 is absolutely not the right standard going forward and it’s absolutely my intention to get ourselves back and use the autumn and winter of this coming season to get ourselves there so in summer 2023 we will be in a reasonable position.”
MEN - 'Is it going to be like how it was in 2019? No': Manchester Airport's new boss speaks out for first time over huge queues and delays