PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fate of the AN-124 stranded at YYZ
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2022, 22:24
meleagertoo

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts
You do realise that it was actually doing an emergency lift of Covid related items on behalf of Canada when it was seized on landing, they could have stopped in Russia when the embargo was announced but they didn't. It does seem a bit naughty to allow it to fly all the way to its destination so they could get the vital cargo and then impound it, instead of refusing permission for it to enter Canadian airspace. They could have equally have then told them they were persona non grata in the country and asked to leave the country after unloading. People seem to forget the are a civilian company who transported the Wests military harware around the globe..
Awwww!
How sweet!
Such nasty, ungrateful people to impound such a vital military asset... Ungrateful rotters, aren't they?

Loose Nut, I can only take it that have you never been on board any Russian "civilian" cargo transport aircraft? Never noticed the O2 rails that span the length and breadth of the hold? With spigots every metre or so? What are these for, homeopathic imports of rare Anteaters? Civil transports my fundament!

Everyone knows the entire fleet of Russian 'civil registered' heavy lifters are in fact purpose-designed military aircraft in civil paint earning $$$ in sham 'companies' until they're needed for their main purpose? (At risk of being didactic... paratroops and front-line heavy delivery)
Is there a a Western comparison? C5s in Pan-Am colours? The UK fleet of Hercs on hire in jolly Post Office livery? The Russian comparison is exactly - identically as risible. But unfortunately 100% real. But is anyone really fooled?

It scares me that there really are people in today's parlous situation so detached from reality as to even begin to believe sich self-evident, nonsensical clpatrap.

Last edited by meleagertoo; 1st Jul 2022 at 14:09.