PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK job prospects for cadets
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2022, 18:29
Chris the Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole economy seems a bit strange at the moment, very high employment yet a cost-of-living crisis. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bumper summer this year due to pent-up demand followed by a considerable slowdown, especially if wages fail to keep pace with inflation. Travel is discretionary spending and high fuel costs make airline travel more expensive.

Originally Posted by Alex Whittingham
On top of this most of the conversations I have had with my colleagues that run integrated or integrated-type ATOs indicate courses running at 25% to 30% of capacity
I imagine the effects of the pandemic and overall economic uncertainty are making self-funded integrated training much less attractive than was previously the case.

Originally Posted by Alex Whittingham
CAE have collared the ab-initio feed into Easyjet unless they are unable to provide the quantity and quality that Easy require. Time will tell ....
If interest rates go up considerably, the €110k the programme requires is going to be a lot more expensive to borrow, if the interest charged reaches 10% per annum (ambitiously high, I know), that's nearly €1000 a month just to cover the interest at the start of repayments, there's no suggestion of it being bonded so would total repayments at the start be higher than the net wage packet? It would rule out the middle-class parents remortgaging their homes and wouldn't the sort of parents who had that amount of money in cash be trying to push their offspring into other careers, especially after seeing the effect Covid had on the industry? I wonder if candidate quality would drop so much the airline would ever consider funding the training?