PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2022, 02:34
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JW95
This is also another big if.... But would SQ be willing to take a look at LGW? I've no doubt that a large chunk of transit passengers once using CX via HKG has now gone to SQ via SIN, which will no doubt help increase demand to SIN (and onwards) further. Just as with most FCNCs, I realise that they'd prefer additional LHR slots and perhaps upgauge more rotations to A380s, but if they couldn't get hold of further slots at Heathrow, I wonder if they could make a single daily LGW-SIN rotation work on the A359? This aircraft has been fantastic in opening up new, 'thinner' long haul routes, so could Gatwick work for them?
Singapore Airlines have never flown from London Gatwick Airport and has never shown any interest in doing so.

On the other hand Singapore Airlines low cost long haul carrier SCOOT has been flying between Singapore and London Gatwick via Bangkok. If the airline felt that there was enough demand between Singapore and London the stop in Bangkok would probably have been dropped. The fact that the flight went from Singapore to London Gatwick with a stop in Bangkok says alot about the demand flying direct.

​​​​​​Although I haven't seen an official confirmation there has been comments on this thread regarding SCOOT discontinuing the flight.

So in saying that I can't see Singapore Airlines flying between Singapore and London Gatwick.