PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence Secretary Ben Wallace has called for increased investment in Britain’s forces
Old 29th Jun 2022, 22:59
NutLoose

Received 2,940 Likes on 1,252 Posts
I would say Russia is screwed either way.
The west will keep pumping in what has now been shown to be vastly superior weapons and if things carry on as they have been, even more effective weaponry that Russia simply cannot match.

I can see the west supplying weaponry with even longer reach that can take the fight to the likes of the bridge and the fleet in Servastapol.

Even if Russia does advance, stretched out supply lines will be their death, just as they were for Germany at Leningrad and Russia at Kyiv.

And if that wasn’t bad enough, even if they took the whole Country they would never hold it, they would need in excess of half of a million troops and the west would hopefully keep supporting Ukraine and Russia would lose thousands upon thousands of troops through resistance.

Even the supply of munitions from Belarus shows a falling in the Russian system, these are not new munitions but existing stocks thus showing the Country’s inability to replenish their own supplies.

The Soviet Union eventually went bust over their ability to fund their military to equal the west, even allowing for oil, with the sanctions in place I can see Russia sipuffering the same fate.

Last edited by NutLoose; 29th Jun 2022 at 23:17.